Sunday, March 23, 2008

I Have Obtained My Holy Grail...

Batman: The Animated Series. Since I was a school boy when it debuted in 1992, I have loved this show. Though the reasons changed as I grew older, it has remained one of my favorite programs of all time. It has stood the test of time and come to be considered by the majority of Batman fans as perhaps the best incarnation of the dark knight ever created; beyond even the comics from which he originated. It shook the foundations of animation and changed the way people view "kids cartoons" forever. Part of how it did so was through it's beautiful original score, composed in large part by the late great talent of Shirley Walker.

For years, obtaining any unadulterated excerpt of the score has been a near impossibility. What little has been released was done for publicity purposes, and has become primarily lost through the years. Even with the abundance of peer-to-peer programs, and the massive expanse that is the internet... some things simply remain out of reach. Or at least... they used to. Tonight... this morning, actually... I am beyond pleased to present to everyone, what has been my holy grail of entertainment scores. The largest portion of scores from Batman: The Animated Series that I have ever seen, heard, or obtained.

  • Gotham Trouble (1:50)
  • Joker Theme (0:54)
  • Bad Joke (0:17)
  • Night Search (1:31)
  • Over the City (0:51)
  • Mad Love (0:35)
  • Big Trouble (3:50)
  • Sad Romance (1:15)
  • New Power (1:42)
  • The Plan (1:40)
  • Observation (1:59)
  • Rescue (3:13)
  • Trapped (2:28)
  • Fight (2:43)
  • Hero Again? (2:44)
  • Sadness (0:32)
  • Gotham Night (0:17)
  • Ready for Action (2:09)
  • Bad Guys (0:15)
  • Robbery (0:48)
  • Needing Help (2:49)
  • Police (0:20)

25 comments:

Unknown said...

What can I say, but big thanks. I've been wanting this music for years. Great work.

One question before I go. On the past of march 20th, 2008, you said that there were possibly thirty tracks. Will these be uploaded later, or do the ones that you posted include all of the music you were able to get a hold of?

Frontier said...

These are all of the tracks; my estimate of 30 was a quick glance at the file index. There where only 26.

On a related note though, I have some new stuff from Batman-Superman adventures, and will soon have some from Justice League to share. So... stay tuned!

Anonymous said...

Great work and congratulations! Looking forward to this as well as the JLU coming up. Right on!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. One question, was there ever a Smallville soundtrack?

Unknown said...

While we are in the conversation of animation soundtracks. Does anyone have any idea where I can find any music to Samurai Jack.

For those of you who've never seen this animated show, you're missing some incredible animation, as well as great music, which I believe is done by James L. Venable.

If anyone has any idea where to find this music, I would be super thankful. I've looked and looked on the net, and it's almost as difficult to find as the music to B:TAS.

Chief of Police Ebeneezer Esteridge said...

Thank you for hunting this down. I've been a massive fan of BTAS since I caught the series, flicking channels on a Saturday morning, luckily when it first came out. So thank you very much and I will stay tuned.

Alfrodo said...

Thank You!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank u very, very much!

Anonymous said...

I´m searching for "V: Mini Series", "V: Final Battle" and "V: The Series" or "V: Lizard Trilogy"! Can anybody help me?

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I have been looking for this one as well.

soundguy28 said...

Far be it for me to complain about what you have so generously posted but is it possible for you to rip the disc again with error correction turned on?? Seems the CD has aged a bit presenting tracking problems and skipping across several tracks.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very very much! I've never heard of that promo and it's also for me the holy grail!
I second the request of soundguy28 to rip again the cd, to correct the tracking problems, if you can.
Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Major props for this, man. I love love LOVE this series. In fact, as a kid I saw BTAS before I saw Star Wars so when someone says "Mark Hamill", I don't automatically think "Luke Skywalker", I think "The Joker". Definitely looking forward to the other DCAU stuff. I have a request: Do you have the soundtrack to "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker"? There was a CD released, but I was never able to find it and I think it's out of print now. I've been looking for that score for years and haven't found it yet. If you've got it, I would very much appreciate an upload (and I'm sure others would too). Thanks again for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, simply awesome.

Thanks so much for this.

But I have to be a stickler like some of the others and ask for a reloading of the CD in better quality (320kbs is probably overkill). But still, thank you!!

Frontier said...

Sadly, I do not have the actual CD. I downloaded these from a P2P program. The original owner doesn't have the CD either, I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

I give you another link of a Batman Animated promo that I found on e-bay. Suites with no sound effects! some of the music on your promo are here (in the suite of feat of clay)
http://s1.massmirror.com/868d992258954a04a75f21aaaac620e7.html

Tracks

Danny Elfman
- Main Title

Micheal McCuistion
- "I Am The Night", "Demon's quest - Part 1"

Shirley Walker
- "Feat OF Clay - Part2", "The Laughing Fish"

Carlos Rodriguez
- "Day Of The Samurai"

Danny Elfman
- End Title

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
R K said...

Thank you! This is much better than the one I already had (only had a few tracks, along with others from other different DC cartoons). I know the scores from the 2 BTAS movies are out there, too.

Writer said...

Ross, if the quality of your tracks is better than what is posted here, could you please upload them to a file storage site?

Thanks!

danny80 said...

Many Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Have a looksie here, too:
http://forums.ffshrine.org/showthread.php?t=54340

Does anyone know if the Penguin's theme (ta-da... ta-da... taaaa-da! :)) is available in a long version (such as the Joker's theme on this disc) anywhere? That's my favorite Batman TAS piece by far...

Anonymous said...

WOW!This is awesome.

Anonymous said...

excellent work guys,
i too have been looking for this for years!!
one thing though can somebody upload it too megashare or rapidshare, as hypershare keeps timing out and breaking my download...

I would be v. grateful if somebody could do this if they get a chance.

cheers.

pat

Anonymous said...

I downloaded the file, and I tried to open it, but it tells me that 'The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted'. What's going on?

Juveariel said...

GRACIAS MAN X ESTE SUPER DISCO