Monday, May 19, 2008

Something Small to Share...

Just something small I thought I would share with everyone. Since the second season Battlestar Galactica episode "Valley of Darkness" first aired a few years ago, I've been intrigued by a piece of music Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace played when she and Karl 'Helo' Agathon stopped by her apartment on the desolate and abandoned Caprica. The music was a solo piano piece, played apparently by Starbuck's father, and wasn't included on the season 2 soundtrack much to my disappointment. Normally, my research skills are second to none; I recently found out a plethora of personal information about an online friend of mine on a dare, much to his surprise (and mild horror at what you could do with only a name and single other personal detail). Yet I never knew until now that this piece of music was not originated by nBSG's prolific genius composer, Bear McCreary. In fact, it was a piece by an artist named Philip Glass, and was available if only I'd known of such. Now that I've found it, though, I feel compelled to share it. It's an unofficial addendum to the official soundtrack fo Battlestar Galactica season 2. Enjoy!

No comments: